What Does the Average Tummy Tuck Cost in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Many people have sagging and excess fat in the abdomen after pregnancy or significant weight loss. A sagging abdomen with excess fat can affect your entire appearance. You may carry yourself poorly due to a loss of strength in over-stretched stomach muscles or due to a C-section; clothes, especially pants, fit poorly; the contours of your body appear worse than they truly are; and in extreme cases, sagging skin may even lead to chronic skin infections.
A tummy tuck allows you to get rid of excess skin and fat of the abdominal wall, while also permanently tightening the stomach muscles. The tummy tuck cost can be significant, but the results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight. Most people report that the cost was well worthwhile for the superior results they are left with.
About Philadelphia area Tummy Tucks
The tummy tuck is a fairly major surgical procedure. Dr. Kole makes a low bikini line incision on the lower abdomen and then lifts up the loose skin tightens stretched out muscles and connective tissue, and removes excess skin and fat. The umbilicus (belly- button) is relocated to a more natural youthful position, and the entire area is reshaped and re-contoured with liposuction to restore the natural appearance of the abdomen.
Often, people choose to combine a tummy tuck with other surgical procedures, such as a body lift, breast lift, or breast augmentation. This is especially common in women who want a “mommy makeover,” as well as in people who have lost a very significant amount of weight and have loose skin. On the other end of the spectrum, some people only need a less invasive procedure known as a mini tummy tuck which only addresses the lower half of the abdomen.
Factors Affecting Cost
Your tummy tuck cost can be affected by a variety of factors, which is why the cost is different for everyone. Some important factors include:
- Your surgeon – Experienced plastic surgeons obtain superior results.
- Local cost of living – The cost of living affects the cost of almost everything, including tummy tuck cost. A tummy tuck in Center City will be more than a tummy tuck in Bucks County
- Type of surgery – You can get either a full tummy tuck or a mini tummy tuck; full tucks are more expensive because they require more surgical time.
- Location of your surgery: A surgical procedure at an Ambulatory Surgical Center is often significantly less expensive that a procedure performed in a hospital.
- Complicating factors – If you have an issue such as scarring from a past surgery, the procedure will be more complicated and therefore, more expensive
Only a plastic surgeon who is familiar with your particular needs and situation can tell you what you can expect in terms of cost. To schedule a consultation about whether a tummy tuck is right for you, please fill out a quick contact form and enter your information or call Dr. Edward S. Kole at 215-315-7655. The Kole Plastic Surgery Center, a private PA Department of Health licensed Ambulatory Surgical Center is conveniently located at 1122 Street Rd, Southampton, Pennsylvania.